Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is a magical movie about a wizard and his beasts, which he keeps locked up in a briefcase. As you can imagine that didn’t go too well for the young wizard and all hell breaks loose when the beasts escape. I decided to watch the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them trailer, and I can’t say I was very impressed.
So why didn’t this movie trailer make my eyes widen at the sight of its apparent awesomeness? First of all I couldn’t get into the whole Harry Potter craze, and without even looking up a storyline or directors I knew for a fact that there was something very “Harry Potter” about this movie.
Let’s Look at the Facts Before we go in to the Trailer:
The first thing I found on googling the name of the movie was this little fact; A spin-off/prequel of the Harry Potter film series and directed by David Yates, the film will be the first installment of a trilogy. The Harry Potter movies were finally done so why do we need a spinoff/prequel? (I apologize if you’re a die-hard HP fan but this is my opinion piece, and I’m nothing if not honest)
The first movie is set seventy years prior to the Harry Potter movies, in the 1920s in New York. The producer of all the Harry Potter movies David Heyman, has returned to work again with the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them trilogy.
- The first thing I noticed when watching the trailer is the man with way too much gel in his hair. I’m sorry but is there really any need to be using quite so much lol.
- Next we get glimpse at the Rumpelstiltskin looking troll working on some kind of a machine.
- Is it just me or does the young wizard with the briefcase look like he should be in the Doctor Who series. (just saying)
- We realise his flimsy briefcase is meant to hold these so-called beasts, I dunno wouldn’t say a metal crate have been the better option?
- Then to top it all off, they look to be playing a weird game of Pokemon Go to catch said beasts.
I just don’t think this movie is going to be all it is cracked up to be. My kids might enjoy it so either way I will end up watching it. I just can’t shake the feeling that I may fall asleep in my popcorn. Here is the trailer if you haven’t seen it.