Recently Eva Marie was put on a 30 suspension for failing the wellness policy that the WWE has in place. The problem with her suspension is that she was already billed as a participant in a six women tag team match this Sunday at Summer Slam. Since it is unlikely that the WWE would turn this into a normal tag team match by removing one of the competitors from the other team. There is an option still available, one that WWE probably planned anyhow, as in they knew prior to promoting the match that Eva Marie was out. They can bring in a surprise participant. Here are five women could take Eva Marie’s place in the match.
- Maryse, the wife of The Miz could easily take the place of Eva Marie in this match. Maryse is obviously in shape and capable of stepping in the ring for “one more match”. It would be quite easy to protect her from bumps or dangerous moves as there are five other women involved- Maryse’s involvement could be quite limited and still entertaining. She is also a former WWE Diva’s Champion.
- AJ Lee, wife of CM Punk. AJ Lee is one of those “long shots” that could happen and become the event of the night. AJ Lee’s husband, CM Punk aka Phil Brooks, has had some unflattering things to say about the WWE over the last few years. She left the company out of support for him, not because of anything that specifically happened to her. AJ Lee is also a former WWE Diva’s Champion.
- Nikki Bella, former WWE Diva’s Champion- longest running at that, could make her successful return at Summer Slam. Nikki Bella has been cleared by doctors to return to the ring in competition but has not done so yet. This could be the event for her to do so and make it impactful.
- Charlotte, former WWE Women’s Champion, could make herself available in the match since this is an inter-promotional Pay Per View event. This would also give Monday Night Raw a “parting shot” at Smackdown Live and keep the inter-promotional waters stirring.
- Asuka, current NXT Women’s Champion, could make her WWE PPV debut at Summer Slam. She is currently feuding with Bayley in NXT as the heel so she would fit the team well. This is one of the “easy money” options in my opinion as WWE have been using NXT stars this year in “one night” shots on the main roster at PPV’s and Asuka would make sense to do it next.
What do you think? Who is your money on for taking Eva Marie’s place at Summer Slam?